MEDICAL FRONT DESK, BILLING & CODING CLASS
Learn skills needed to perform vital roles in physician’s offices, clinics and related settings. In recent years, medical front desk, billers and coders have become more and more valuable in the doctor’s office setting and the allied health field overall. This has resulted from the shortage of qualified and trained personnel that has been present for several years.
If you are a person who has limited experience or just needs a refresher course, this professional training program will meet your needs. The instructor will guide you through the proper procedures for operation in a doctor’s office front desk or billing setting
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Medical assistants
- Nurses aides
- Receptionists desiring a certificate.
- Anyone who has limited experience, or wants a refresher course
- Proper patient confidentiality/HIPPA
- Proper Insurance card identification
- Functioning as a liaison between patient and staff
- Maximum Reimbursement
- Good patient flow
- Overview of duties
- Insurance card identification
- Computer programs common to offices
- Medical terminology
- Resume and interview techniques
- HIPAA requirements
- Demonstration of competency
- REVIEW AND FINAL TEST
National testing information
Medical Billing and coding- 1 yr experience required to test
Experience must be verified by current or former employer submitting examinee’s experience on company letterhead. (This will be verified before testing.) If exam is failed examinee will have to re-register and pay fees again accordingly
If passed the examinee will be nationally certified by MedCA a national certifying agency.
Exams will be graded by MedCA and certificates will be mailed to address submitted.
No refunds will be granted if test is failed or no showed.
Our instructor Joy Saunders is a practicing biller and coder for a prominent medical practice in Loudoun County. She has several years of experience in front desk supervision as well as training. She also has a proven ability in patient/doctor relations including billing, referrals and coding. Her presentation style is professional and comprehensive to the needs of the biller and coder professional
- This will be a night class from 6pm-10pm, for 4 nights of instruction. A 15 minute break is scheduled.
- Missed days due to inclement weather or unforeseen circumstances may be made up on alternate days TBA
COURSE MATERIALS & ATTIRE
- Text books and syllabus will be provided
- Instructions for obtaining textbook will be given upon registration.
- Attire is casual