MEDICAL FRONT DESK, BILLING & CODING CLASS
Get the national certification and skills needed to perform vital roles in physician’s offices, clinics and related settings. In recent years, medical front desk, billers and coders have become more and more valuable in the doctor’s office setting and the allied health field overall. This has resulted from the shortage of qualified and trained personnel that has been present for several years.
If you are a person who has no experience or just needs a refresher course, this professional training program will meet your needs. The instructor will guide you through the proper procedures for operation in a doctor’s office front desk or billing setting
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Medical assistants
- Nurses aides
- Receptionists desiring a certificate.
- Anyone who has no experience, or wants a refresher course
- Proper patient confidentiality/HIPPA
- Proper Insurance card identification
- Functioning as a liaison between patient and staff
- Maximum Reimbursement
- Good patient flow
- Overview of duties
- Insurance card identification
- Computer programs common to offices
- Medical terminology
- Resume and interview techniques
- HIPAA requirements
- Demonstration of competency
- REVIEW AND FINAL TEST with national prep on Part 2
Part 1 Medical Front desk/ intro to billing and coding is a required class in order to take part 2 billing and coding with national.
You must be paid in full before being allowed to test national
National testing information
Medical Billing and coding- 1 yr experience required to test if you do not attend our prep course. This test is $400. Certification is valid for one year.
Experience must be verified by current or former employer submitting examinee’s experience on company letterhead. (This will be verified before testing.) If exam is failed examinee will have to re-register and pay fees again accordingly
If passed the examinee will be nationally certified by MedCA or NHA national certifying agencys.
Exams will be graded by MedCA or NHA and certificates will be mailed to address submitted.
No refunds will be granted if test is failed or no showed.
Our instructor is a practicing biller and coder for a local billing company. She has several years of experience in the medical billing field as well as supervision. She also has a proven ability in patient/doctor relations including billing, referrals and coding. Her presentation style is professional and comprehensive to the needs of the biller and coder professional
SESSION HOURS Part 1 and part 2
- This will be a night session from 6pm-10pm, for 5 nights of instruction. A 15 minute break is scheduled.
- Missed days due to inclement weather or unforeseen circumstances may be made up on alternate days TBA
- You may take only Part 1 and be eligible for work for front desk upon successful completion.
- You must test within 2 test dates of the national or fees paid will be forfeited.
COURSE MATERIALS & ATTIRE
- Text books will be provided by the student
- Instructions for obtaining textbook will be given upon registration.
- Attire is casual